Studded with crushed Newman’s Own Chocolate Crème Newman-O’s, this single-serve mug cake is a perfect treat that comes together in a pinch. Great for a last-minute dessert or to sate a sweet tooth craving!
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 lightly crushed Newman’s Own Chocolate Crème Newman-O’s
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Pinch Newman’s Own Sea Salt Flakes
- 1 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 1 whole Newman’s Own Chocolate Crème Newman-O
In large microwave-safe mug, whisk together milk and oil.
In a medium bowl, whisk together crushed Newman’s Own Chocolate Crème Newman-O’s, flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt.
Stir flour mixture into milk mixture until smooth. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
Place mug on microwave-safe plate. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute 20 seconds. Let cool slightly before enjoying. Garnish with whole Newman’s Own Chocolate Crème Newman-O.
Tip: For added indulgence, top with scoop of ice cream if desired.
to Help Kids
Newman’s Own Foundation nourishes and transforms the lives of children who face adversity.