This vegetarian pasta dish is easy, cheesy and definitely delicious! Stuffed with creamy ricotta and savory Parmesan, this recipe — spiked by bright lemon and herby basil — is sure to become a family favorite around the dinner table.
Serves: 4 - 8
Prep Time: 20
Cook Time: 25
- 20 large pasta shells
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp Newman’s Own Sea Salt Flakes
- 1/4 tsp Newman’s Own Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1 jar (24 oz) Newman’s Own Tomato & Basil Sauce, divided
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup packed torn fresh basil leaves
Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish.
In large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook pasta shells, stirring occasionally, for 6 to 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain.
In large bowl, stir together ricotta, 1 cup Parmesan, spinach, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Divide mixture evenly among pasta shells.
Spread half the Newman’s Own Tomato & Basil Sauce over bottom of prepared baking dish. Arrange stuffed shells over top in single layer. Top with remaining sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella and remaining Parmesan.
Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until filling is heated through and cheese is melted and golden. Let cool slightly, then sprinkle basil evenly over top before serving.
Tip: To make ahead up to 3 days in advance, prepare the recipe through Step 4, then bake and proceed with the recipe.
Serve stuffed shells individually as a single-serve appetizer!