Prep Time 15
- 1 can (19 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 8 cloves roasted garlic
- 2/3 cup Newman’s Own® Garlic Vinaigrette and Marinade, divided
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini paste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1/8 tsp smoked paprika
- Vegetable crudité, such as carrots, celery, cucumber slices, red bell pepper slices and cherry tomatoes
- 8 oz mixed crackers
In food processor, pulse together chickpeas, roasted garlic, 1/2 cup vinaigrette, lemon juice, tahini paste, cumin, salt and pepper until smooth and creamy.
Transfer hummus to shallow serving bowl. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Sprinkle with parsley, sesame seeds and paprika.
Serve hummus with vegetable crudité and crackers for dipping.
Tip: For Roasted Garlic: Preheat oven to 425˚F. Slice tip from head of garlic to just reveal cloves. Drizzle with 1 tsp olive oil and wrap in double layer of foil and place on baking sheet. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until garlic is soft and tender. When cool enough to handle, squeeze out cloves from head of garlic. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.